I know, dark green leafy vegetables may not be on everyone’s favorite list of things to eat. Spinach, romaine, broccoli and kale sometimes get a bad rap. According to a recent study published in the British Medical Journal, these green veggies may help to lower your risk of Type II diabetes. I am always looking for things you can eat for your health that do not include medications, so this study definitely caught my eye.
The study showed that green leafy vegetables have 3 important factors:
- Fiber Content
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Source: Arthritis Today, April 2011
Additional Reading Resources
- Ease Arthritis Inflammation with a Purple Potato!
- Good In = Good Out, When it comes to your overall health as well as low back pain or sciatica!
- Fish Oil May Be Better Than Drugs For Preventing Heart Failure
- Our Vegetable Garden Secrets
- Successful Home Gardening
The Glastonbury Chiropractor is located in central Connecticut- CT Spine and Disc Center specializes in patients who suffer from sciatica, disc degeneration, bulging disc or herniated disc in the lumbar spine. Call our chiropractic office at 860-633-8756 to schedule an appointment and to see if you are a candidate for non surgical spinal decompression