In a recent article in Arthritis Today Magazine, 8 ways to reduce the risk of falls was discussed:
- When walking, avoid multi-tasking
- Exercise- aqua aerobics, tai chi, and walking are good forms of exercise.
- Have your eyesight checked.
- Check your medications- side effects can include dizziness or drowsiness.
- Keep your home clutter-free. Secure mats and rugs.
- Check the shoes you are wearing- be extra careful with flip flops and heels.
- Watch where your pets are at all times.
- Reorganize your home so you have easy access to particular areas of your house, for example your pantry.
Source: Arthritis Today Magazine, May-June 2011.
The Glastonbury Chiropractor is located in central Connecticut- CT Spine and Disc Center specializes in patients who suffer from sciatica, disc degeneration, bulging disc or herniated disc in the lumbar spine. Call our chiropractic office at 860-633-8756 to schedule an appointment and to see if you are a candidate for non surgical spinal decompression
Additional Reading Resources:
- Glastonbury Chiropractic
- Arthitis Cures
- AARP Website
- Non Surgical Spinal Decompression in Connecticut
- Contact the Glastonbury Chiropractor