Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Use Common Sense When It Comes To Your Health...

So, I’m on the phone with a neurologist in regards to a patient. I ask the neurologist if there are any natural alternatives or at least things she can be doing in addition to the medications in order to get better. The answer I got: “No, in fact, if I saw this patient a year ago I would have prescribed this medication.”

Now, that’s fine, if that is his honest and best decision to help the patient. However, after speaking with this patient’s primary doctor, he gave some health alternatives other than harsh medications, but suggested a neurologist because a neurologist would know more about this patient’s problem since it is more his specialty.

There’s good and bad doctors, there’s good and bad chiropractors, there’s good and bad contractors, you name it. This patient’s primary care doctor; overall great- good guy, pleasant to talk to, very knowledgeable, refers to other appropriate practitioners, and truly cares about helping his patients. My primary doctor, an osteopath actually, all the same- great doctor, great guy, etc …

That being said, sometimes you’ve got to find the great ones, and you may go through a few on the other end of the spectrum first.

My take home message: Use your gut, and your common sense. If something doesn’t feel right, or a recommendation just doesn’t sit right with you, consult with someone else!

The Glastonbury Chiropractor is located in central Connecticut- CT Spine and Disc Center specializes in patients who suffer from sciatica, disc degeneration, bulging disc or herniated disc in the lumbar spine. Call our chiropractic office at 860-633-8756 to schedule an appointment and to see if you are a candidate for non surgical spinal decompressionAdditional Reading Resources:

1 comment:

Dr.DevineSeattleChiropractor said...


But keep this in mind -
A medical doctor will sell you pills.
A surgeon will sell you an operation.
A chiropractic doctor will get to the root of the problem and remove the interference that is causing your symptoms.

My advice:
Find a chiropractor that stresses diet and exercise as part of his treatment plan.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin