To help determine if someone has Fibromyalgia (FMS) they will typically have the following symptoms:
1. Pain that is often described as “all over.” The pain is often in multiple regions of the body and can change often. Sometimes it’s worse than others; sometimes pain occurs more due to precipitating factors; other times it comes and goes with no rhyme or reason.
2. Tender points throughout the body. These are typically local tender spots, meaning they don’t refer to pain to another area like a muscular trigger point.
3. Fatigue is another common symptom. This can often be an overall sense of being tired or also a feeling like your muscles are tired and weak.
4. Morning joint stiffness or stiffness from being in one position too long. This is usually an extreme stiffness and can make it difficult to work or enjoy a leisurely outing or get-together.
5. Extreme sensitivity- this could mean touch, smell, noise, light, vibration, etc … Everything tends to translate to pain.
6. Disturbances in sleep. People with Fibromyalgia often complain that they wake up feeling more tired than when they went to bed.
The mystery of Fibromyalgia is what really causes the pain and the condition itself. However it appears to be some form of nervous system disorder. This may be one reason chiropractic treatments help with Fibromyalgia pain. Chiropractic adjustments help to relieve nervous system pressure allowing your body to function better.
If you or someone you know suffers from Fibromyalgia or Fibromyalgia related pain, call our office to find out if we may be able to help.
CT Spine and Disc Center is located in central Connecticut- Specializing in patients who suffer from sciatica, disc degeneration, bulging disc or herniated disc in the lumbar spine. Call us at 860-633-8756 to see if you are a candidate for non surgical spinal decompression
Additional Reading Resources: