- Maintain a healthy diet and eat healthy food Nastia’s mom says,"We eat lots of vegetables and fruits and drink a lot of water. We love fresh juice, and we squeeze it ourselves at home. I always tell Nastia: 'Your body is like a car. The fuel you put in is the performance you will get.' "
- Exercise The entire Liukin family is very active. "When she was small, we used to Rollerblade at the park a few times a week as a family. We also try to set a good example by doing our own individual exercises. My husband, he loves fly fishing. I enjoy jogging and Pilates and yoga.”
- Rest "We're all pretty good sleepers. And we never cut sleep time for anything. Even now when Nastia is on the road for the 2008 Tour of Gymnastics Superstars tour, she takes little naps in between shows."
- Listen to your body "If something hurts, you need to take care of it right away. But we try to avoid medications unless necessary. First we try alternative methods like acupuncture or going to a chiropractor."
- Enjoy your life "Even if you eat well and exercise and rest, if you are not happy, a big piece will be missing. Enjoy the moment. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. If you want to have a cookie, have a cookie. Just don't have five and sit on the couch without exercising!"
Most top athletes whether Olympians of pro football players regularly go to the chiropractor. When competing against the best of the best anything that gives you the slightest edge over the competition becomes huge.
Chiropractic not only helps athletes recover from injury quicker but also helps them to prevent injury. Not only that but for your body to function at its best, the spine needs to be in normal alignment with no pressure on your nerves. At this day in age the majority of all professional teams and college teams have a team chiropractor on staff or one they regularly use.
Source: The Hartford Courant October 2008
Picture Courtesy of: Jodfevic on Flickr.com
Dr Bellinger and his team at CT Spine and Disc Center in Glastonbury CT will keep you at optimum health. He treats patients with neck pain, headaches, lower back pain and other symptoms. His office is located near Hartford, CT. Call his office at 860-633-8756 for a complimentary consultation to see if you are you are a candidate for treatment at CT Spine and Disc Center.